Effective date: 12 April, 2021
Queensland Show Choir (“us”, “we”, or “our”) employs the website www.queenslandshowchoir.com.au to operate Queensland Show Choir Inc (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. We are committed to protecting the privacy of the data collected and held in order to provide the Service
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we will ask you to provide us with certain “Personal Data” including, but not limited to:
- Date of birth
- Next of Kin details
- Medical information and GP details
We also collect “Personally Identifiable Information” that can be used to contact or identify you or your children as members of the organisation. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone Numbers
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Queensland Show Choir uses the collected data for various purposes, including:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To enable you to join and become members of our ensembles
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issue
Treatment of Data
- Use personal data only for the purposes of providing the Service, unless required or authorised by law
- Ensure that access to personal data is restricted to those of our employees and officers who require access in order to perform their duties
- Ensure that employees and officers do not access, use or disclose personal data other than in the performance of their duties
- Securely dispose of your data when it is no longer required or relevant
Transfer Of Data
Queensland Show Choir will ensure that no transfer of your data takes place to another organisation or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including ensuring the security of your data and other personal information.
Your information, including Personal and Personally Identifiable Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of Australia, where the data protection laws may differ from those of Australia or your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
Queensland Show Choir may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Queensland Show Choir
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Access to Individual Personal Data
You can request access to all your personal information held by Queensland Show Choir by contacting the Administrative Director. This request will be evaluated as per the requirements of the Privacy Act. Generally, if requested, an individual will be provided access to their personal information held by us, unless:
- It is unlawful to provide the information
- It poses a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of an individual
- It has an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals
- The request is frivolous or vexatious
- Access is otherwise exempt under the Australian Privacy Principles
Security Of Data
Queensland Show Choir strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personal information. We use commercially acceptable means, systems and processes to protect our data from misuse, loss and unauthorised access; these systems and processes are reviewed and updated periodically. Some systems are provided to us as a service. We operate these systems within the providers’ terms of service in order to provide security of data.
If a data breach occurs (including hacking, lost hardware, misdirected email) that is likely to result in harm to an individual, under the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme, we must inform the individual involved and the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may, from time to time, use digital services offered by Google (including GoogleAds, YouTube), MailChimp, SurveyMonkey and Zoom. You can find more details in the privacy policies for those services, including information on how to opt-out of certain conduct.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
All our emails will be sent from an official Queensland Show Choir email address (eg email@example.com). The use of private email accounts for providing our Service is prohibited. Email transmission of personally identifiable information is strongly discouraged. Disclosure of personal email addresses is prohibited, with the use of email groups or BCC recommended.
Electronic Mailing Lists are used to keep members informed about our Service. Under no circumstances are these lists shared with or sold to any other party, unless required bylaw. Only authorised officers have access to view the electronic mailing lists.
You can Unsubscribe from an email list by contacting the Administration and Events Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com